COLLECTING INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
Categories and Types of Personal Information We Collect
We collect your data in several ways including when you choose to share it with us, when you shop with us or engage with our digital properties, and from our affiliates and partners. We intend to comply with applicable laws no matter how we obtain your data. We collect the following categories and types of personal information:
- Contact Information:name, physical address, email address, shipping address, billing address, and phone number;
- Other identifying information: IP address, username, social handle, social media, passwords and other security information;
- Financial Information: credit card, debit card and bank account information;
- Demographic information: gender, age, and industry;
- Education, professional or employment related information;
- Geolocation data;
- Internet or other electronic activity: your browsing and click history, including information about how you navigate within our services and which elements of our services you use the most;
- Commercial information: products purchased or viewed on our website, product or service interests, product reviews, estimated income;
- Communications with you: email, Customer Care interactions, and chat logs;
- Audio and visual information: your images, audio, videos, social media posts and photos; and
- Inferences drawn from the categories described above in order to create a profile about you to reflect your preferences, characteristics, behavior and attitude.
Categories of Use
- Transactional Purposes: We use your contact information, financial information, commercial information, and communications with you to:
- Receive, process, confirm, send, and track your order or registration;
- Communicate with you about your order or registration;
- Process any registration you make to one of our services; and
- Process any Customer Care inquiries, requests or interactions with you.
- Analytical Purposes: We use your other identifying information, other identifying information, internet activity and browsing history, commercial information, demographic information, education, professional or employment related information, geolocation data, communications with you, audio and visual information, and inferences with you to:
- analyze preferences, trends and statistics;
- associate other data with you or analyze other data we collect;
- develop new goods and services.
- Marketing and Promotional Purposes: We use your contact information, other identifying information, commercial information, demographic information, internet or other electronic activity, education, professional or employment related information, geolocation data, communications with you, audio and visual information, and inferences to:
- Inform you of our new products, services and offers;
- Personalize our goods and services to you;
- Run promotions; Identify other potential customers (e.g. “look alike” customers); and
- Provide you with other information from and about Fount, Inc., including personalized marketing communications.
- Maintenance and Improvement of Services and Website:
- We use your contact information, other identifying information, commercial information, internet activity, browsing history and communications with you to:
- Provide and maintain our Design services and Collection products;
- Provide and maintain functionality on our Site, including our live chat or customer review features;
- Handle your Customer Care requests; and
- Help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer our operations, Site, Design services and Collection products.
- Review and Content Creation Purposes: We use your contact information, other identifying information, commercial information, and audio and visual information to enable reviews of our products and to display content that you have created and allowed us to display on our Sites and on social media.
- Security and Fraud Prevention: We use your contact information, other identifying information, commercial information, financial information, geolocation data, internet activity and browsing history, and inferences to protect this website, our company, and others and to prevent fraud, theft and misconduct and for authentication and access.
SOURCES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect information from the following sources:
We collect information directly from you. We collect contact and demographic information directly from you. We also collect payment information from you.
We collect information from you passively. We collect Internet or other electronic activity passively using tools like browser cookies. This activity is further described in the Advertising and Online Tracking section below.
We may combine information you give us online or through our digital catalogs. We may also combine that information with publicly available information and information we receive from or cross-reference with third parties. We use that combined information to enhance and personalize your shopping experience with us, to communicate with you directly about our products and events that may be of interest to you, and for other promotional and commercial purposes.
WHEN WE SHARE INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
Our Service Providers
We may contract with companies or persons to provide certain services including credit card processing, shipping, receivership, data analysis and management, promotional services, etc. We call them our Service Providers. We provide our Service Providers with the information needed for them to perform these services. We also ask our Service Providers to confirm that their privacy practices are consistent with ours.
Our Select Partners
From time to time we might establish a business relationship with other persons or entities whom we believe trustworthy and whom we have asked to confirm that their privacy policies are consistent with ours. These are known as our Select Partners. In such cases we might rent, exchange, share and/or cross-reference information, including contact information about you that will enable such persons or entities to contact you regarding products and services that may be of interest to you. This section does not apply to mobile phone numbers and opt in consent information collected for SMS text programs. Fount, Inc. may also collect mobile phone numbers for other purposes which are subject to this section.
We may share personal information with businesses controlling, controlled by, or under common control with Fount, Inc.
We may share personal information with parties to business transactions such as those we deal with in mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, sales of assets, reorganizations, divestitures, dissolutions, bankruptcies, liquidations, or other types of business transactions. In these types of transactions, personal information may be shared, sold, or transferred, and it may be used subsequently by a third party.
Law Enforcement and Courts
In certain instances we may disclose your contact information when we have reason to believe that it is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against persons or entities who may be causing injury to you, to Fount, Inc. or to others. We may also disclose your contact information when we believe the law or legal process requires it.
If you would like to opt out of accepting cookies altogether, you can generally set your browser to not accept cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. However, certain features of our Site or other services may not work if you delete or disable cookies.
We use Google Analytics on our Site to collect usage data, to analyze how users use the web sites and to provide advertisements to you on other websites. For more information about how to opt out of having your information used by Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
ADVERTISING AND ONLINE TRACKING
OPTING OUT OF MARKETING AND TRANSFERS; UPDATING INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. If you prefer not to receive direct marketing from us or from our Select Partners, or if you would like to opt out of our rental or exchange of your information with other marketers, please let us know. In the U.S., you can call us or send us an email. Please be sure to include your full name, email address, mailing address, and specifically what information you do not want to receive. If you would like to update or correct your email address, mailing address or other contact information with us please contact us the same way. If you like, you may use one of the following statements in your message to us:
- I prefer not to receive email advertisements, such as updates regarding products and services, special promotions or upcoming events.
- I prefer not to receive direct mail advertisements, such as periodic catalogs and mailings regarding products and services, special promotions or upcoming events.
- I prefer not to have my contact information provided to third parties for their marketing purposes.
You may also click the designated link at the bottom of all email advertisements to be removed from future email updates.
Please note that any requests to remove or update your contact information may take up to five days for your email request and 6-8 weeks to process your postal mail request.
We may need to contact you via phone, email or mail to address questions or issues specific to your order, entry, etc., even if you have opted to not receive marketing communications from us. We contact you only in ways compatible with your communications choices. To the extent necessary for such purposes, we take reasonable steps to make sure that your contact information is accurate, complete, current, and otherwise reliable.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of information transmitted to us. To guard your information delivered to us electronically, our Site uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). SSL encrypts your credit card number, name and address so only we are able to decode your information. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your contact information, to the extent permitted by law, we do not guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from our web sites, and you do so at your own risk.
We urge you to keep any password that you establish with us in a safe place and not to divulge it to anyone. Also remember to log off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit. This is to ensure that others cannot access your account, especially if you are sharing a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that any of your children has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us and we will take steps to remove that information from our servers.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
You can call us at 1-888-909-1875, or email at email@example.com.
February 7, 2023